Wednesday 1 January 2014

2013

So I wrote a blog post about resolutions and sticking to them and my 2014 resolutions but I didn't feel that 2013 got a proper send off. 

Also I found my 2013 resolutions which was both hilarious and embarrassing. 

1. Read a book a week
I read 108 books in 2013 which is a massive 56 books more than I'd planned. I was so so so pleased with this because I've missed reading and my writing and analysis has become so much better as a result and I think that this lead to my really good English GCSE results.

2. Move School
I did this and I'm quite proud of myself for this. I'm so happy I got in and I like to think I'm doing well now.

3. Raise £1000 
Did not happen. Way to ambitious. 

4. Be in Paris for New Years 2013-14
Didn't happen. I wanted to go to Disney for New Years (Paris, of course, because I'm not mega-super-rich) but in the end I went in the summer to Orlando and it was wonderful. I love WDW so much.

5. Get more Youtube Subscribers.
I gained like 80 in 2013 which YEY success but I'm now not dependant on my Youtube channel and I mainly post DYL only now. Maybe I'll do some stuff in 2014 I don't know. I hit 100 subscribers.

6. Revise 20 minutes a day
Did not happen. I revised a lot but not consistently.

7. Document my year
Major success. I started DYL and I have a blog now. ALL THE DOCUMENTING.

Other things I did in 2013

  • I performed in front of 250 people with my band which was absolutely amazing and I met some really amazing people there.

  • I started this blog and I now have had over 4000 views which feels amazing. I've got so much better at writing since I got it and graphic design and just being totally comfortable with myself.
  • I started Document Your Life.
  • I met John and Hank Green and John told me and Chitra we dressed well.
  • I got to a really good standard at skiing, up to the point where I was almost at french black runs.
  • I moved house and my bedroom is so gorgeous.
  • I saw Imagine Dragons twice.
  • I bought a really nice camera which I earned myself (not a single penny was from my parents).
  • I saw Watsky with Maiya and Dylan Saunders was in the band.
  • I got three work experience placements in the hardest field (medicine) without any contacts. I literally cold-called 30 different practices.
  • I got all excellents on my Work Experience feedback.
  • I went on a London Bookshop Tour with my mum in the summer and discovered lovely shops.
  • I got ARCs from publishers and Waterstones to review.
  • I became a Book Depository Affiliate.
  • I went to Cornbury and saw Keane.
  • I went to Oxfest.
  • I went on an Oxford Bookshop Tour with my friend Sophie.
  • I visited New York and Orlando.
  • I became much braver with roller coasters.
  • I started pin trading and overcame my shyness with shop assistants.
  • I got fantastic GCSE's.
  • I got 100 subscribers.
  • I moved school to a college in my local city.
  • I saw my friend Julia from America.
  • I finally met Neelam who is the sweetest.
  • I met Sanne from Youtube which was awesome.
  • I met Maureen Johnson, David Levithan and Sarah J Maas.
  • I passed my theory test first time with a really high score on hazard perception.
  • I made lots of new friends.
  • I carved my first pumpkin.
  • I performed as a chorus member in the school musical.
  • I read 108 books.
  • I have been completely meat free which feels fantastic. 
  • I went to London at least once a month.
  • I've become comfortable with myself.



















My 2014 Resolutions
1. I want to do well academically.
2. I want to get interviews for medicine.
3. I want to start writing a novel.
4. I want to get well enough to go to South Africa with Biology. 
5. I want to write more.
6. I want to write more reviews.
7. I want to blog more consistently. 
8. I want to do more for my future.
9. I want to take more photos. 
10. I want to keep my room tidy.
11. I want to be more productive. 
12. I want to stop being terrified of growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment