Tuesday 13 May 2014

Review #34 - Anne Frank: The Anne Frank House Authorized Graphic Biography by Sid Jacobson & Ernie Colón

This is the Anne Frank graphic biography which goes from her parent's early life to her death and her family's death in the concentration camps. It covers the time after her diary ends and it's sad and gorgeous and perfectly done.

I got this at the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam which was underwhelming due to the sheer volume of very loud seven year olds. I was so impressed with the 9/11 memorial when I went in the summer and the british war graves in France when I went three and five years ago on school trips but this didn't quite have the same effect.


I've always really struggled to read the actual Anne Frank Diary as it is very long and I find it hard to be very interested in historical fiction and non-fiction. I really liked the graphic novel as it also went into her experiences after she left the annex and it was more accessible. The speech was done well and it was excellently paced.

The book is absolutely gorgeous and is definitely my favourite graphic novel. It captured their day to day lives really well and I think they did a very good job at capturing their personalities. It was just done really well.

I would read this if:
You want to know more about Anne Frank
You are just about to visit Amsterdam
You want to know more about European History and Nazi Occupation

I gave this five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment